Peach Pecan French Toast
Eileen Goltz |
- You can peel and slice 2 apples and substitute instead of peaches.
- For a lower fat version use egg beaters, skim milk, and reduced fat margarine.
- 1 (12 oz.) loaf French bread, cut in 1" slices
- 6 large eggs
- 1 (16 oz.) can peaches, sliced
- 1½ cup milk
- ½ cup half and half
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup margarine, softened
- 1⅓ cups brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 1⅓ cups coarsely-chopped pecans
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Fill pan with a layer of bread slices.
- Place a layer of sliced peaches on top of each slice of bread.
- Place second layer of bread on top of the peach layer. Add second layer of peaches if desired; set aside.
- In a blender, mix eggs, milk, half and half, and spices. Pour mixture over bread, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before baking, mix topping ingredients together and spread evenly over the top.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.