Pasta with Tequila Lime Cream Sauce
Eileen Goltz | Dairy
- ½ cup lime juice
- ½ cup tequila
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1½ cup plus 2 Tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 shallot finely minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 16 oz. fettuccine pasta
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 5 diced Roma tomatoes
- In a saucepan combine the garlic and shallots with the tequila, lime juice and vinegar. Cook until reduced to about 1/4 cup. Add the cream and cook until reduced by 1/2. Strain out garlic and shallot if desired.
- Return sauce to heat and whisk in butter. In a small bowl mix the cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water until smooth. Whisk into sauce to thicken it.
- This recipe can be doubled or tripled.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta.
- Add green onions and tomatoes to hot pasta pot and stir. Add drained pasta and sauce and mix well.
- Serve garnished with cilantro, if desired. You can also top the pasta with grilled fish.