Recipe from “Something Different for Passover” by Frances AvRutnik
- 2 small onions
- 2 ribs celery
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms
- ½ green bell pepper
- 3 Tablespoons oil
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- 3 cups matzo farfel
- 2 cups chicken broth, heated
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease muffin tins.
- Insert French fry or julienne blade into food processor.
- Cut onions, celery, mushrooms, and green pepper to fit the feed tube.
- Using medium pressure, process onions and celery, then mushrooms and green pepper with light pressure, or shred each of the vegetables by hand.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Brown garlic clove, and remove. Add vegetables and brown quickly over high heat (2 to 3 minutes).
- Soak farfel in warm chicken broth. Add vegetables and eggs. Season with salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Fill muffin tins. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool 5 minutes. Remove from pan.