- ¼ cup matzah cake meal
- ¼ cup potato starch
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease or place paper liners in a muffin pan.
- In a 2-quart bowl, sift the matzo cake meal, potato starch, sugar, and salt together.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs and oil together. Add to the dry ingredients.
- Add and fold in any additional ingredients at this point (see variations below).
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling the cups about 2/3 full. Sprinkle muffin tops with your choice of topping (see variations below).
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the muffins are brown.
For sweet muffins:
- In step 3: add 1/2 cup sugar plus one of the following: 1 teaspoon nutmeg, cinnamon, or ginger, 3/4 cup chopped pecans, almonds, walnuts, or hazelnuts.
- Choose one of the following toppings: 1 Tablespoon cinnamon sugar, 1 Tablespoon grated chocolate.
For savory muffins:
- In step 3: add one or more the following: 1 teaspoon minced garlic or onion OR 1 teaspoon fresh chopped basil, thyme, oregano or rosemary.
- Choose one of the following toppings: 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh herb, 1 Tablespoon finely chopped nuts or 1 Tablespoon paprika.