- ½ cup store-bought teriyaki marinade
- ½ cup snow peas
- ½ cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ cup asparagus, cut into 2" pieces
- ½ cup carrot, cut into thin strips
- 6 oz. angel hair pasta (or your favorite oriental noodle)
- 8 oz. cooked medium or large salmon
- ½ cup drained canned baby corn, halved lengthwise
- Place the salmon in the teriyaki marinade. Marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator. Cook on a grill pan or on a grill and let cool. Set it aside.
- In large pot of boiling water, cook snow peas, bell pepper and asparagus 1-2 minutes, until colors are bright and vegetables are just tender. With slotted spoon, transfer vegetables to bowl of ice water and set aside.
- In same pot of boiling water, cook carrots for 1 minute, until bright orange and just tender. With a slotted spoon, transfer to the same bowl of ice water and set aside.
- In same pot of boiling water, cook pasta 3 minutes, until tender. Drain and discard liquid. Rinse with cold water. Drain again and transfer to large bowl. Add the soy sauce mixture to pasta and toss to combine.
- Drain the vegetables, patting dry with paper towels. Add the vegetables, salmon and corn to pasta mixture. Toss again.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
DESCRIPTION: Asparagus contains beetles and thrips. Thrips are primarily found under the triangle scales and somewhat less frequently in the tips of the asparagus.
- Shave down the floret at the asparagus tip.
- Remove the triangle parts along the side of the asparagus. (A potato peeler is recommended.)
- Wash thoroughly.
When prepared in this manner, special inspection is not necessary.