Overnight Caramel French Toast
Eileen Goltz |
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 12 slices white or whole wheat bread
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon; divided
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Lightly grease a 13x9-inch baking dish; set it aside.
- Place the brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Remove the mixture from the heat and pour it into the baking dish.
- Top the mixture with 6 slices bread; sprinkle with combined sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Top with remaining bread.
- In a bowl combine the eggs, milk, vanilla and remaining cinnamon. Whisk to combine. Pour the mixture over the bread.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove dish from refrigerator; preheat oven to 350°F. Bake 30 to 35 minutes.