Here is a simple weeknight recipe using pecans and chicken. Use whatever mustard you have on hand – grainy, Dijon or tarragon-flavored.
- 4 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 1¼ lbs.)
- ½ cup of soymilk or rice-milk
- ¼ cup prepared mustard of your choice
- 1½ cups finely-chopped Georgia pecans
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry. Cut into serving-size pieces.
- Combine soymilk or rice-milk and mustard in a bowl. Add chicken pieces and turn to coat well. Let marinate for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place pecans on a plate or shallow bowl.
- Remove chicken pieces from soymilk or rice-milk mixture and shake off excess.
- Dredge on all sides in pecans and place pieces on baking sheet. Season with seasoning salt and pepper.
- Bake about 30 minutes, or until browned and chicken tests done.