- 6 small Winesap apples
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1½ cups orange juice
- 2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- ½ cup cream sherry
- Core apples from bottom, leaving top side of apples unpierced; peel apples.
- In 2 quart saucepan, combine orange juice, sherry and cinnamon; heat to boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer, add apples and cook, covered, 30 to 40 minutes or until apples are tender.
(Rotate apples occasionally to cook evenly.)
- With slotted spoon, transfer apples to serving dish, garnish with orange peel and serve.