Orange Apricot Soup
Eileen Goltz | Dairy
- 2 (17 oz.) cans apricot halves
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom*
- 1 (8 oz.) carton plain yogurt
- Thin orange slices
- Drain apricots, reserving the syrup.
- In blender or food processor combine the reserved syrup and half the apricots. Add orange peel, juice and cardamom*. Cover and blend until the liquid is smooth.
- Add the yogurt and blend until just combined. Pour the mixture into a bowl.
- Cut up the remaining apricots and stir them into the blended ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Stir before serving and garnish with thin orange slices if desired.
* Cardamom is VERY expensive. I use it, but if you don’t think you’ll use it for anything else, don’t buy it; just substitute nutmeg.