This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Olive Cheese Ball
Eileen Goltz |
- 2½ cups Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened and divided
- ⅓ cup finely-chopped onion
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, more to taste
- ⅓ cup chopped, black or green olives
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons milk
- ½ cup chopped black or green olives
- In a bowl, beat together Monterey jack, 3 ounces of cream cheese, onion, mayonnaise and chili powder until smooth.
- Mix in chopped red pepper and chopped olives.
- Shape into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- In a bowl, beat remaining cream cheese until fluffy and add just enough milk to make it easy to spread.
- Spread this mixture on and over the cheese ball and then pat the remaining chopped olives onto the surface.
- Cover again, loosely, and refrigerate for 2 hours more.