Rich, creamy, comfort food that’s perfect for holidays, celebrations, and if you have any leftovers — which is unlikely — a wonderful breakfast. You can substitute golden raisins, sour cherries, or small cubes of peeled, cored apple for the cranberries.
Recipe developed for C&H Pure Cane Sugar.
- 12 oz. wide egg noodles
- 12 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups small curd, whole milk cottage cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1½ cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously butter a 9x13-inch Pyrex baking dish with 2 Tablespoons of the butter.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the noodles according to the package directions. Drain and toss with 4 tablespoons of the melted butter.
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, sour cream, cottage cheese, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and remaining 6 Tablespoons of butter.
- Add the buttered pasta and the cranberries and toss well.
- Transfer the noodle mixture to the baking dish. Drizzle the cream over the noodles and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake until the top is golden, the sides are bubbling, and the center is set, about 1 hour.
- Let sit 15 minutes before serving.
Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.