Traditional Soup Enhancer
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup water or club soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1½ cups matzah meal
- 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- Beat eggs, oil, water or soda, salt and pepper. Stir in matza meal and parsley.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Bring to a boil 3 quarts of water. Add 1 tsp salt.
- Wet hands and form mixture into about 16 balls.
- Drop into boiling water. Cover and cook 20 minutes.
- Drain and serve in chicken soup.
If soup will be served immediately, you may cook the matza balls directly in the soup.