You can make these up to 2 days before you need them. Cover them with plastic wrap and refrigerate them, don’t freeze them. Good hot or cold.
- 1 lb. smoked whitefish, deboned and flaked
- 2 cups matzah meal
- ½ red bell pepper, minced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 3 large eggs
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground white horseradish
- 1 stalk celery, diced fine
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Generously coat a 12-cup nonstick muffin pan with oil.
- In a bowl combine the white fish, matzah meal, bell pepper, green onions, mayonnaise, eggs, horseradish, salt and pepper and mix until combined.
- Divide the mixture evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake until crispy and cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges.