- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 chicken thighs, skinned and boned
- 1 cup bottled Pesach salsa
- ¼ cup water
- 2 Tablespoons raisins
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Mashed or roasted potatoes
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat until hot.
- Add the almonds and cook until golden brown. Remove them with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add garlic and chicken to same skillet that almonds were cooked in. Saute, turning once, for about 5 minutes or until browned.
- In a bowl combine the salsa, water, raisins, honey, cumin and cinnamon. Add the mixture to the chicken in the skillet and stir well.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook. Stir and baste occasionally for 20 minutes. Add more water if necessary.
- Serve over mashed or roasted potatoes. Top with chopped almonds.
This recipe can be doubled or tripled.