A great make-ahead salad that travels well and is perfect as a side dish on picnics.
- 16 oz. of canned or cooked chickpeas
- ½ cup of green olives with pimento
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- ¼ cup freshly chopped parsley
- In a large glass bowl combine all the ingredients. Mix to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour for the flavors to meld.