This delicious dish will make you think you’re in the Far East.
- 1 (3 oz.) package chicken ramen soup mix.
- 3 Tablespoon oil
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup ground chicken or turkey
- 3 Tablespoon soy sauce
- ⅓ teaspoon ginger
- 1¼ cups of boiling water
- 3 medium eggs
- Hot frying pan with 1/16 inch of oil
- Fresh parsley
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- Sauté celery, onions and chicken or turkey in oil, adding the soy sauce and ginger. Let the sautéed mixture cool.
- At the same time, begin preparing the ramen noodles, but using only 1 1/4 cups of water and 1/2 the soup packet. Cook noodles only 2-3 minutes then remove from the heat and drain well. Place the drained noodles in a large bowl and set them aside.
- In another bowl beat the eggs until they are a pale yellow. Set them aside.
- Stir the cooled cooked noodles and cut them into smaller pieces. Add the sautéed vegetable mixture with its liquid to noodles. Stir ingredients until well-coated. Add the beaten egg and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into hot pan to make 4” omelets. Fry until golden brown.
- Serve with a sour sauce and garnish with fresh parsley.
- In a sauce pan combine the broth, soy sauce, ketchup and cornstarch.
- Whisk to combine and heat, stirring constantly until thickened.