Mock Cheese Blintzes
Eileen Goltz |
- My kids love these easy to make and eat treats. I always double the recipe because like magic, they disappear.
- 1 to 2 loaves thinly sliced fresh bread
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup melted butter
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon and mix well. Set the mixture aside.
- Cut crusts from bread. Roll each slice very thin with rolling pin.
- In a food processor combine the cottage cheese and cream cheese until smooth. Spread the mixture thinly on each slice of bread.
- Roll up the slices, jelly roll style and then brush the outside of the roll with melted butter.
- Roll the rolled up bread in the sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- The rolls can be left in whole rolls or cut in half or thirds.
(You can freeze the rolls at this point.)
- To serve, bake for 15 minutes and serve hot.