- 2 cup flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup margarine
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon instant coffee, dissolved in ¼ cup hot water
- 1½ cup grated zucchini
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Thoroughly grease a loaf pan.
- In a bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the margarine and sugar together.
- Add the eggs to creamed mixture one at a time. Add the dissolved instant coffee and then the zucchini.
- Mix in dry mixture by hand, just until combined - DO NOT over beat.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan and bake 50 minutes to an hour, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on a cooling rack 15-20 minutes, and then turn out of pan onto rack to finish cooling.
Serve slightly warm, spread with butter, cream cheese, or plain.