Mixed Up Mexican Minestrone
Eileen Goltz |
- Use garlic and seasoned stewed tomatoes if you like a spicier soup.
- 2 cups red potatoes, diced
- 2 cup green beans, fresh or frozen
- 30 oz. canned black beans, drained
- 29 oz. stewed tomatoes
- 28 oz. vegetable or chicken broth
- 15 oz. canned corn, drained
- 15 oz. canned garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 cup salsa
- in a 5 to 6-quart slow cooker (crock pot) combine potatoes and frozen green beans. Add black beans, undrained tomatoes, broth, corn, garbanzo beans, and salsa.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 9 to 11 hours or on high-heat setting for 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 hours.
- Serve with warmed tortillas or tortilla chips.