These quick and easy cookies are made with egg whites, ground almonds, and chocolate chips.
- 3 egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup ground almonds
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 oz. semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled (about 1 cup)
- Let the eggs sit on the counter for about an hour before separating.
- Beat egg whites and salt until stiff but not dry.
- Beat in sugar, a little at a time, until mixture is thick and glossy (mixture should stand in peaks).
- Fold in almonds, vanilla, and melted chocolate.
- Drop chocolate macaroons by teaspoonfuls onto buttered cookie sheets.
- Bake chocolate macaroons at 350°F for 12 to 15 minutes.