Mini Cucumber Sandwiches
Eileen Goltz |
- 1 medium cucumber
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion salt
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 loaf sliced whole grain bread
- Score cucumber lengthwise with fork (for looks) and slice thin.
- In medium bowl, combine vinegar and water, add cucumber slices; let stand at room temp. at least 30 min. Drain WELL.
- Meanwhile, combine cream cheese, mayo, garlic powder, onion salt and Worcestershire.
- Cut bread slices into rounds (or any shape you want, with a cookie cutter) and spread with cream cheese mixture. Top each with a slice of cucumber. Shortly before serving top with olive slice or paprika, or both. You can also add a little dab of cream cheese/mayo and top with a piece of lox.*
- To make these the night before, cover with SLIGHTLY damp paper towels, then cover the whole plate with foil. Keep in fridge and they’ll be just great.