Mini Black-Bottom Cheesecakes
Eileen Goltz |
- 24 plain chocolate wafer cookies (Oreo’s work great)
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup seedless raspberry preserves, warmed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with foil baking cups.
- In a food processor, crush the chocolate wafer cookies. Add the butter and process until fine crumbs form. Spoon the chocolate cookie crumbs into the prepared baking cups and press down with your fingers to compact it. Bake for 5 minutes, or until almost set. Leave the oven on.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat together the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, then add the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth. Pour the cheesecake batter into the baking cups, filling them three-quarters full.
- Bake the cheesecakes for 15 minutes, or until slightly jiggly in the center.
- Remove from the oven and spread 1 teaspoon of the warmed raspberry preserves on top of each cheesecake.
- Transfer the muffin tin to the freezer and chill the cheesecakes until set, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecakes from the pan and peel off the foil baking cups. Transfer the cheesecakes to a platter and serve.