Eileen Goltz |
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes with roasted garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (9 oz.) package tortilla chips
- 1 (15½ oz.) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1½ cups fresh or frozen corn (thawed if frozen)
- 1½ cups shredded jalapeno Monterey jack cheese
- 1 onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 13x9-inch glass baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl combine the tomatoes, cumin and chili powder. Mix well and set aside.
- Finely chop green pepper and chop onion. Set both aside.
- Layer 1/3 of the crushed tortilla chips on bottom of the baking pan. Top the chips with 1/2 cup each of the beans, corn, and cheese. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the chopped onion and chopped green pepper. Repeat layers 2 more times. Pour the crushed tomatoes over the top of the strata.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.