An interesting recipe, sort of like a kugel and shepherds pie got married.
- 2½ lbs. ground beef, chicken or bison
- ½ cup oil
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and grated
- 2 medium onions, chopped fine
- 3 to 4 carrots, grated
- 3 to 4 medium zucchini, grated
- 5 to 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2½ Tablespoons sugar
- 1½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Mix everything together and pour into a 9x13-inch (or larger) baking pan.
- Bake for one hour.
You can bake it a little longer to get it really crispy on the top but watch it carefully so it doesn’t dry out.