This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Meatballs with “Spaghetti”
Courtesy of Women's Branch of the Orthodox Union |
- 2 lbs. chopped meat
- 1 egg
- ½ onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup matza meal or potato starch
- 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 2 (8 oz.) cans tomato sauce
- 1 package Pesach noodles
- In large bowl, mix the first eight ingredients with ½ cup tomato sauce. Form into small balls.
- Put in greased baking pan and bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat rest of sauce in large pot.
- Put cooked meatballs in sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cook noodles according to package direction. Drain well.
- Serve meatballs and sauce over noodles.