This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Mashed Maple Sweet Potatoes
Eileen Goltz |
- 5 to 6 large sweet potatoes
- ½ cup softened butter or margarine
- 1 cup cream or half and half
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1¼ cup chopped pecans
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place sweet potatoes onto the prepared baking sheet, and bake in preheated oven until soft, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before peeling and placing into a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Mash the warm potatoes along with butter, cream, vanilla extract, brown sugar, salt, 1/2 cup maple syrup, 1 cup chopped pecans, and eggs.
- Spread mashed sweet potato into the prepared baking dish, and sprinkle with the remaining 2 Tablespoons of maple syrup, and 1/4 cup of pecans.
- Bake until thoroughly hot, 30 to 35 minutes.