Marshmallow Caramel Apples
Eileen Goltz |
- 1 (14 oz.) package caramels
- 2 cups kosher miniature marshmallows (divided)
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 cup chopped honey roasted peanuts
- Wooden skewers
- 6 tart apples (Granny Smith or Rome)
- Line baking sheet with buttered waxed paper; set aside.
- Combine caramels, 1 cup marshmallows and water in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until caramels melt. Cool slightly while preparing apples.
- Rinse and dry apples. Insert skewers into apples.
- In a shallow bowl combine the remaining marshmallows and chopped peanuts. Dip each apple in caramel mixture, coating apples. Press the bottom of the coated apple into the marshmallow and peanut mixture.
- Place the apple on the prepared sheet. Refrigerate until firm.