Maple-Glazed Chicken Breasts
Eileen Goltz |
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup (don't use "fake" stuff)
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger or ½ teaspoon powdered ginger
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 8 oz.), trimmed
- In a bowl whisk together the syrup, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, ginger and pepper.
- Add chicken and turn to coat with the marinade; cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, turning once.
- Coat an indoor grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade (reserving the marinade) and cook 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, pour the reserved marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook until reduced by about half, about 4 minutes.
- Liberally baste the chicken with the reduced sauce and serve.