The beauty of this recipe is that you can make as much or as little as you like as the amount of ingredients aren’t that critical.
- 2 to 3 lbs. chicken pieces
- 3 to 4 medium-sized potatoes
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons paprika
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt (optional)
- 1 to 1½ cups Pesach maple syrup (not the fake stuff they sell as pancake syrup)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a shallow baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Peel and cut potatoes into cubes.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes with oil, paprika and salt. Mix to coat. Place the potatoes in a baking pan.
- Bake the potatoes, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Remove the potatoes from oven and place the chicken pieces on top.
- Pour the maple syrup on top of the chicken, allowing some to drip down over the potatoes.
- Place chicken in oven, uncovered, for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until browned. Baste with the maple flavored drippings once or twice during the baking process.