Mango Macadamia Caramel Rolls
Kara Hinton, Palm Beach, FL |
Pareve or Dairy
- 1¼ cup brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ cup softened butter or margarine, divided
- 1 large ripe mango
- ½ cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- Peel, pit, and chop mango; set aside.
- Stir together brown sugar, cinnamon and allspice in a small bowl. Place 1 cup mixture in a medium saucepan with 6 Tablespoons butter. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in mango and cook for a few minutes more until brown sugar is dissolved. Spread in the bottom of a 13 X 9-inch baking pan and sprinkle with nuts; set aside.
- Roll thawed dough into a 12 X 12-inch square on a lightly floured board and spread with remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Spread remaining brown sugar mixture over butter and press into dough.
- Roll up tightly and pinch seams to seal. Cut dough into 1-inch slices. Place in prepared baking dish; cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes, then invert onto a serving platter.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover uncooked rolls and place in the refrigerator overnight. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour before baking.