This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Mango Cherry Salsa
Charlotte Walters (Boca Raton, FL) |
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 to 4 jalapenos, seeded and minced
- Juice of 2 limes
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider or rice wine vinegar
- 1 lb. fresh cherries, seeded and cut in half
- 2 fresh mangos cut in ½-inch cubes
- Heat saute pan over medium heat. Add enough oil to lightly cover bottom of pan, about 1 Tablespoon.
- Add onions, peppers and garlic and saute over medium heat until onions begin to collapse, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add lime juice, lemon juice and vinegar.
- Bring to a boil, add cherries and mangos.
- Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Place in a serving bowl and chill.
- This may be served hot if preferred.
- If a smooth sauce is preferred, puree in food processor before chilling.
- This is served with grilled chicken or grilled or pan-seared fish.