Store bought macaroons make this treat easy and simple.
- 6 oz. semi sweet chocolate, melted
- 1 cup unsalted butter or unsalted pareve Passover margarine
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Passover vanilla sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup matzo cake meal
- ¼ cup Passover potato starch
- 1½ cups lightly packed quartered or coarsely chopped Passover macaroons (any brand or flavor)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8x10-inch or 7x11-inch brownie pan.*
- Melt chocolate and butter or margarine over low heat. Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in brown sugar, vanilla sugar, eggs, cake meal and potato starch. Stir in macaroon pieces.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake about 40-50 minutes, until top seems set and is begins to take on a crackled appearance.
- *In a pinch, a 9×9-inch baking pan will do.
- Do not over bake. Brownies should be set and seem dry to touch – but there should not be a dry crust around sides.
- Leave plain or glaze. These brownies are also divine without the macaroons.