Lower Calorie Baked Sweet Potato Latkes
Eileen Goltz |
Pareve or Dairy
- 2 lbs. grated sweet potatoes
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Nonfat or low-fat sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well to combine.
- Drop by 1/3-cupfuls onto cookie sheet. Flatten with spatula.
- Bake for 25 minutes; flip and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve with light sour cream (if you like) and a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg.