This reduced calorie version will let you eat all you want, and doesn’t sacrifice flavor.
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- ¾ cup molasses
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⅓ cups SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener, granular
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray bundt pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine the applesauce, molasses, and vegetable oil. Mix to combine and then add the eggs. Stir well.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, Splenda, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ginger, cinnamon and cloves. Mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the applesauce mixture. Stir well.
- Pour the cake batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack approximately 20 minutes.
- Invert cake onto serving plate.
- Serve warm or cool.
- Place 1/2 cup Splenda Granular in a blender. Blend covered, on high approximately 30 seconds. Sprinkle the finely ground Splenda over the cake like powdered sugar.
- Serve with sauteed apples or non-dairy topping.