This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Eileen Goltz |
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 broiler-fryer chicken parts
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 3 to 4 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- In a small skillet saute the mushrooms in 1 to 2 Tablespoons of oil until just soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In small bowl, combine lime juice and 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Dip each chicken part in mixture, covering completely.
- On foil-lined baking pan, arrange chicken in single layer; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Arrange oven rack at least 6-inches from heat and set temperature to broil.
- Broil chicken about 15 minutes; turn and pour remaining lime-oil mixture over chicken.
- Broil about 15 minutes more, until fork can be inserted into chicken with ease.
- Pour mushrooms over chicken and return to oven for about 2 minutes, until mushrooms are hot.
- Shiitake mushrooms may be used after a thorough washing.
- Oyster mushrooms should be broken apart in several places. Pay careful attention to the base where small red worms can be found. Thoroughly examine all the inner sections. If insects are found, the mushroom must be discarded.
- Portobello mushrooms should be checked in the following manner:
- Remove stem from mushroom cap.
- Examine the detached stem for any sign of worms.
- Taking hold of the mushroom cap, scoop out the entire brown fan-like under-part of mushroom.
- Wash thoroughly.