- 1¼ cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1¾ cups grated zucchini
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ⅓ cup confectioners' sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9x13 pan and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, oil, eggs, lemon rind, and lemon juice; mix well. Stir in the shredded zucchini and set it aside.
- In another bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the zucchini mixture. Mix thoroughly. Stir in the walnuts.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x13 inch baking pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool.
- Sprinkle top with sifted confectioners’ sugar and cut into bars.