Lemon Hamantaschen Dough
Eileen Goltz |
Pareve or Dairy
- 2 cups flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup melted margarine or butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 lemon rind, grated
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 beaten egg yolk, mixed with water for a glaze for cookies
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Sift flour and baking soda together, set aside
- Beat eggs and shortening together. Add sugar and lemon rind and juice to egg mixture, and mix lightly.
- Combine sifted flour and baking soda and salt with the above mixture until a dough is formed.
- Place on a floured board, and roll until 1/4” thick Either use a biscuit cutter dipped in flour or glass dipped in flour to cut the round pieces from the dough.
- Place 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of filling in each round piece of dough, turning up edges to form triangle-shaped cookies.
- Pinch edges together and brush with beaten egg yolk and water mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.