Layered Southwest Pasta Salad
Eileen Goltz |
- 2 cup elbow macaroni, cooked
- ½ teaspoon oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 15 oz. dark red kidney beans, drained and washed
- 2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- ½ cup bell peppers, chopped
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup taco sauce
- 1 cup fried onions
- Prepare elbow macaroni according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water; drain again.
- Toss the pasta with the oil, cumin, and salt.
- In a large bowl, place the ingredients in the following order:
- In a mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and taco sauce and mix well.
- Spread the sour cream mixture evenly over top of pasta, sealing to edge of bowl.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill overnight.
- To Serve: sprinkle the fried onions over the top of the salad and toss, making sure that everything is mixed well.