Lamb Roast with Pineapple Glaze
Eileen Goltz |
- 1 roast, bone in, about 6 lbs.
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 (20 oz.) can sliced pineapple in syrup
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 2 Tablespoons margarine
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Rub the roast with salt and pepper. Place the roast, fat side up, on a rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Roast, uncovered for about 15 to 20 minutes per pound, until meat thermometer registers an internal temperature of 140 to 150°F.
- Meanwhile, drain pineapple, reserving syrup. Add water to syrup to make 1 cup of liquid.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a small saucepan; add pineapple liquid. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Stir a small amount of the hot mixture into the lightly beaten egg yolk; return egg to the hot mixture in saucepan. Continue cooking and stirring for 1 minute. Stir in margarine.
- Arrange 3 or 4 pineapple slices on the roast and spoon on some of the sauce to glaze; roast 10 minutes longer.
- Cut remaining pineapple into chunks and add to sauce; serve with roast.