This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Carol Wittenberg, Los Angeles |
- 3 cups matzah farfel, rinsed with water and strained
- ½ cup grated carrots
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 to 3 eggs
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup finely-chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped parsnip
- ½ cup sliced water chestnuts
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 3-quart baking dish.
- In a skillet, heat 2 to 3 Tablespoons of the oil and saute the onion until tender, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add 1 more Tablespoon of oil plus the celery and parsnip to the pan. Cook until tender, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from heat and place the mixture in a large bowl. Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Place the mixture into the prepared dish and bake, covered for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue baking for 10 to 15 minutes until the top is crispy.