By switching the rum to tequila and adding a little Triple Sec this drink becomes a margarita.
- 12 very ripe kiwifruit, peeled and diced
- Juice of 2 limes
- ½ cup superfine sugar
- 1¼ cups water
- 6 oz. rum
- 4 unpeeled kiwifruit slices for garnish
- Put kiwifruit in a food processor with lime juice. Pulse only a few times until fruit is just pureed.
- Mix sugar and water and combine with puree, pulsing a few times until smooth.
- Put kiwifruit mixture in a metal or glass pan and mix with a whisk or wooden spoon. Freeze until solid.
- Scoop up frozen mixture and put into a food processor or blender. Add the rum and puree just until a slushy drink is formed.
- Pour into goblets.
- Make a slit halfway into the kiwifruit slices and put a slice on the rim of each glass.