This recipe calls for two different kinds of chocolate, and it’s whipped frothy. The half and half cream makes for an extra rich cup of cocoa.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half and half
- 8 teaspoons sugar
- 1 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- In a sauce pan combine the milk, half and half, sugar, semisweet and unsweetened chocolate and the brown sugar.
- Heat, whisking occasionally, until the chocolates melt and sugar dissolves.
- Pour half of the mixture into a blender and mix until foamy.
- Return to the saucepan, and add vanilla.
- Stir briefly then serve.