- 3 Tablespoons Passover margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- 1½ cups carrots, grated
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 10 oz. frozen spinach, cooked and well drained
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- ⅔ cup ground almonds or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease or spray 12 muffin tins or ramekins with nonstick Passover cooking spray.
- Melt margarine in a heavy saucepan over medium high heat. Sauté onion, celery, carrots and peppers for 2-3 minutes or until the onions are translucent. Set the mixture aside.
- Place drained spinach in a bowl. Add the eggs and nutmeg and mix. Season to taste with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the sautéed vegetables and ground nuts. Mix thoroughly and then spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin tins.
- Bake 35-40 minutes. Cool 10-15 minutes before removing from tins.