The amaretto adds a smooth mellow flavor to this luscious drink
- 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 2 cups milk (not skim)
- 3 oz. amaretto (or 1 teaspoon almond extract)
- Chop the chocolate into very fine pieces, no bigger than 1/4" in size, and put into a small bowl.
- Combine the milk and cream in a saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Pour the mixture over the chocolate and let sit for 30 seconds or so.
- Stir slowly to blend the chocolate and cream together.
- Put the amaretto into 2 large mugs, and then pour the chocolate mixture over it.
- Stir to mix the liquids and serve.