Honeydew and Cucumber Salad with Sesame
Eileen Goltz |
- 1 Tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons rice-wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1½ teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes, or to taste
- ¼ cup vegetables oil
- 1 seedless cucumber halved lengthwise and slice thin (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups honeydew melon cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted lightly and cooled
- In a bowl whisk together the vinegar, ginger, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, and the vegetable oil until the dressing is mixed well
- Add the cucumber, melon, and green onions.
- Toss the salad until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle the top of the salad with the sesame seeds and serve.