This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Honey Chicken and Sweet Potatoes
Eileen Goltz |
- 4 chicken breast halves, bone-in
- 1 cup liquid Pesach pareve whipped topping, (not whipped)
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- Pinch ground cloves
- 2 Tablespoons pesach margarine
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- Place the peeled sweet potatoes in a large pot with water to cover and boil for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Arrange the chicken breasts, skin side up, in a shallow baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the Pesach whipped topping, honey salt and spices.
- Mix well and pour the mixture over the chicken. Dot with margarine.
- Bake 30 minutes, basting with creamy mixture.
- Remove the pan from the oven and arrange sweet potatoes around chicken.
- Return to oven and bake 30 minutes longer or until chicken is fork tender.