This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Honey Baked Apples
Eileen Goltz |
- 1 orange cut into 6 slice
- 6 large Rome or Fuji apples
- 6 teaspoons honey
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Core apples, being careful not to cut all the way through. Peel about 1/3 of the way down from the stem end. Set the apples in a baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the honey and orange juice then pour the mixture into the centers of the apples. Pour a little hot water in bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Sprinkle tops with a little sugar and nutmeg.
- Set the oven to broil.
- Place the apples under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes to set the sugar glaze.
- Place one orange slice in each apple and tuck into center of apples after glazing.