Eileen Goltz |
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- ⅓ cup margarine or olive oil
- 3 cups soft bread cubes (about 5 slices)
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage leaves (½ teaspoon dried)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (¼ teaspoon dried)
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- In a sauté pan cook the celery and onion in the margarine, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender.
- Stir in about 1 cup of the bread cubes and cook for 1 minute, stir once or twice to coat the bread.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and spoon the mixture into deep bowl. Add the sage, salt, thyme and pepper and mix well.
- Stuff before roasting your choice of fowl, or cook 30 to 45 minutes in casserole dish.