This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Herbed Potato Salad
Eileen Goltz | Pareve
- 3 lbs. small new potatoes, each one cut in half
- ¼ cup plus 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons cider or white-wine vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 small red onion, sliced into rings
- Fill large pot with lightly salted water and bring it to a boil. Cook potatoes for 15 to 18 minutes, or until fork-tender. Drain. Pat dry with a towel.
- Transfer hot potatoes into a large bowl. Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil over the top of the potatoes and shake the bowl to coat the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- While the potatoes are cooling place the remaining 1/4 cup oil, vinegar, shallots and garlic in a bowl and whisk them together. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Gently stir in thyme, rosemary and 1½ tablespoons parsley.
- Pour the dressing mixture over the cooled potatoes. Toss gently to mix.
- Cover & refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours so that the flavors can blend.
- Place the potato salad in a serving bowl and sprinkle the top with the red onions and remaining parsley.