- 16 oz. can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled
- 1 large tomato
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 avocado cut into chunks
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon cut in half
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 8 to 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh dill
- Cut cucumber into thin slices, and then halve them.
- Cut tomato into wedges, and then halve them.
- Put the cucumber and tomato pieces, plus the red peppers and green onion in a bowl and set the mixture aside.
- Place the diced avocado in a large bowl.
- Add the oil and juice from half of the lemon. Add the salt, pepper and basil. Stir with fork. (The mixture will become creamy.)
- Add the vegetable mixture and dill to avocado mixture. Toss gently.
- Add chickpeas and avocado chunks and mix to combine.
- Taste and add more lemon, salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe can be prepared 8 hours ahead of time and refrigerated until needed.