- Cut cucumber into thin slices, and then halve them. Cut tomato into wedges, and then halve them. Put cucumbers and tomato pieces, as well as the red peppers and green onion, in a bowl and set the mixture aside.
- Place the diced avocado in a large bowl. Add the oil and juice from half of the lemon. Add the salt, pepper and basil. Stir with fork. The mixture will become creamy.
- Add the vegetable mixture and dill to avocado mixture. Toss gently.
- Add chickpeas and avocado chunks and mix to combine.
- Taste and add more lemon, salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe can be prepared 8 hours ahead of time and refrigerated until needed.